Anti-Rust is a mildly alkaline liquid designed for use as a rust inhibiting final rinse treatment following ultrasonic cleaning to protect parts during in-plant storage or handling.
Directions for use:
- Completely soluble in water
- Contains no caustic - leaves parts safe to handle and use
- Economical - effective at low concentrations
- Leaves no oily film on parts
- Liquid formulation means ease of use
Anti-Rust is used in rinse tanks or soak tanks as the final treatment step prior to storage.
Please note: Following application of the Anti-Rust Solution, parts should not be rinsed in order for the protective coating to be effective. If parts are being stored in preparation for painting, the parts should be rinsed with water prior to painting
- Concentration: 5% - 10% v/v
- Temperature: Ambient-80°C (elevated temperatures facilitate quick drying of parts upon removal)
- Method: Immersion or spray
Anti-Rust solutions are alkaline and are recommended for use on ferrous metals only, e.g. steel, cast iron and other alloys of iron. Do NOT use on sensitive metals such as aluminium or zinc.
Anti-Rust is available in 5 litre and 20 litre containers.
Anti-Rust is used on ferrous metal surfaces as a rust inhibiting treatment following alkaline ultrasonic cleaning or degreasing. The Anti-Rust protective coating can last for up to 90 days if components are stored inside and out of the elements. Re-application of the Anti-Rust Solution can be applied every 30 days.